Being who I don't want to be.

Being who I don't want to be.

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 4

I was always pressured on having to be who everyone else tells me to be, even by my own family. My mother is a great person, but when it comes to my personality, she is always on my back about it. I'm always humorous and I like to be funny, but she takes it as not being "lady-like". She'll always tell me to stop fooling around and that I'm not acting like a young, sophisticated lady when I try to brighten the mood. But that's just me; I like to be funny. The bad part is that this is the reason I am silent most of the time and don't talk much, because I feel like a dissappointment when I am myself.

another thing I'm pressured on is my future career and what I want to be when I'm older. I want to be an artist/illustrator, but my grandmother always wanted me to be a doctor. I told her about what I really wanted to be, but she doesn't think that is a good career for me and that it should only be a hobby at the most. She wants me to make a lot of money, but I don't want to be rich, just happy with doing at what I want to do, regardless of what I get payed.

In reply to Deleted user

Re: Being who I don't want to be.

by Deleted user -
Being a doctor is such a miserable job, why would anyone pressure they're loved ones into being doctors.  I mean they have tens of thousands of dollars in loans, they work all the time, they really don't make much money anymore, and its the worst thing if it isn't what you want to do.  I see do what you want and if it doesn't work out then try again until it does.
In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -

Dont worry about what anybody says you will be succesful what ever you in life, family should be supportive of what their child wants to become.

In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -
shows how stupid family can be....you can make a TON of money in any field ;D
In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -
You should be who you want to be, not what people want you to be. I know that what your family thinks is very important, but you should think about how you feel and how you want to live YOUR life to be happy.