Pressured into doing something other then what I want to do!

Pressured into doing something other then what I want to do!

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 6
I have always been pressured by my family to be something great, but they never asked what I wanted to do! They never let me make my own choices about my future. They of course tell me that they want me to be happy but they dont really want me to do something that I wont make money in. I really dont care about the money part of my future job, I just would like to be happy. They always like to worry about my future as far as moneys goes!
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Pressured into doing something other then what I want to do!

by Deleted user -
word my parents are the same way with me always suggesting things for me like football i actually enjoyed it at one point but then my father killed it now i hate it with a passion go figure
In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -
My mom doesn't even listen to me. When i tell her what i want to do, and how i'll do it she just yells at me and tells me to stop being lazy -__-
In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -

Well duh, they just want whats best for you. and you say that you dont care about the money now but when you have to take care of kids and your life partner and pay bills and the morgage, you'll wish you would of listened to them.

In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -
Your going to grow up to be a poor homeless old guy... lol do what u want man dont let people make your choices.
In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -
omg i have the same problem, my dad always tells me that he wants me to do something that I can make money in. But that conversation always ends up in an argument so I just forget about it and not listen because at the end of the day I'm doing what I want. And that's what you need to do, just block it all out. If you don't your always going to have that in the back of your mind and you'll never focus on what you want.
In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -

im not in your class but whatever=] hii chris..ahha..but yeah parents are always pressuring us about college, and school and its too much!! & my my mom doesnt liike the idea of me going off to NY or NJ and living my own life, she wants me too keep living here in PA!!!! NO WAY...but yeah i get you! =]