peer pressure n stuff

peer pressure n stuff

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 1

ever since my family, especially my parents and my godmother, discovered i did well in academics (i think i was in grade school), theyve always pressured me to excell, do as good as possible. I got mostly A's until middle school, and if i ever got lower than a B, id get yelled at, cuz i was wasting too much time, cuz i sat around watching tv. i was expected to get good grades, i was expected to get into a good college. Not because i wanted to, but because they wanted me too. I went along with it, i studied, i stressed, i drove myself nuts trying to be perfect. my mom was proud, and i was a nervous wreck.

Then i started to think about what I wanted, not what someone else thought i should do. I stopped stressing school. i relaxed, ignored my godmother.

now i do just enough to pass, i dont mind, life is so much easier now.

and everyone else can suck it

In reply to Deleted user

Re: peer pressure n stuff

by Deleted user -

My dad was kinda the same way.  He always wanted me to be some sort of superstar athlete like he was.  I couldn't live up to him so he made me feel like I wasn't good enough, which is part of the reason I left to come live here.  Now I can relax and do things the way I want with little worries.