Welcome Letter

Welcome Letter

by Patricia Bixler -
Number of replies: 0

Welcome to CP Biology I

Success for All

Dear Students and Parents,

It is with pleasure that I welcome you to Biology. This is a course created to encompass the Academic Standards for Science and Technology and Keystone Assessments established by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. I hope students will use the lessons learned in this class every single day.

In order to succeed and enjoy the activities planned, students will be expected to comprehend and communicate clearly the content presented in this course. To this end both students and parents must be aware of the following:

1. 1.     Regular attendance and participation is necessary.
  2. 2.     Students are expected to take notes, complete activities as assigned and maintain an organized notebook.
  3. 3.     All Science class rules will be followed.
  4. 4.     All rules in the Student Handbook will be followed as they relate to this course.
  5. 5.     Academic assistance is available upon request. Please see me personally in room 111, email or phone in a message. My email address is patricia-bixler@esasd.net or you may call the high school at 424-8471 and leave a message.

Please read the attached sheets covering class rules (which are department-wide expectations), safety contract, syllabus and grading procedures. After reading all of the noted information, please sign this sheet and return it to me. All other sheets are to be kept in the student’s notebook.

Sincerely,

Patricia J. Bixler, M.Ed.

I understand all information sheets mentioned above.

_________________________         ________________________
Student                                              Parent

Parent Phone Number and/or email:______________________